We are very excited to announce that we will be offering camping at the Garnett Lake
this year. We are working hard to finalize the details but this is what we have so far.
ALL CAMPING REQUIRES RESERVATIONS. Reservations will be handled through the Garnett City Hall. They
can be contacted at 785-448-5496.
Upper Camping - For Spectators and overflow needs
- The upper camping area is on top of the hill on the east side of the track.
- All of the upper camp-sites are considered overflow.
- There is a limited number of overflow sites
- Self-contained campers will be $35 for two nights on the upper level.
- Tent camping will be $20 for two nights on the upper level.
- The trailer can be left attached on the overflow camp-sites.
Lower Camping - Reserved for drivers and car owners
- The lower camping located in the back of the staging area is reserved for drivers and car owners
- The lower sites are directly off the track. These are tailgating sites that you can watch the
event from. The car trailer would have to be detached and parked nearby (within eyesight). These sites are about 45 feet deep.
- Self-contained campers will be $40 for two nights.
- Tent camping will be $25 for two nights.
Other Camping Information
- All camping sites will be available on a first come first serve basis in designated camp-sites only.
- All Campers must be Self-contained units
- This event is held at the city park and there is a dump station within the park.
- There are no hookups available.
- There is no camping available on the inside of the course.
- Drinkable water is available by the park entrance (by the swimming pool).
- Generator's are allowed and can run all night.
- Camp hosts are available on Friday night, (except during the BBQ) and throughout the weekend.
- No camp-fires allowed.
- If you wish hookups, there are other sites available that are not at the event.
The following accommodation facilities are available in
Garnett for those of you who are travelling from a distance or would just like
to make a weekend of the event. The organizers of the event encourage
participants to take full advantage of the city and its charms.
FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE LODGING information, we recommend visiting
Garnett's city website
Garnett Inn Suites & RV Park
109 Prairie Plaza Parkway
Garnett, KS 66032
Be sure to tell them you are with the Grand Prix group special to get the $63 per night rate. They also have 11 campsites with full hookups. There is a bar
available but no food.
The Economy Inn 1 & 2
604 N. Maple
Garnett, KS 66032
Rooms starting at $49 per night for one and $59 per night for two. This location has a restaurant and a bar. Rooms have recently been remodeled. Mention the LGGPR and get a 10% discount.
For a full list of area accommodation and restaurants click